This cPanel tutorial will show you how to use SquirrelMail which is a fast open-source web mail option. It is easy to install, customizable and has many plug-ins to extend its functions. It includes a variety of features like spell check, themes, address books, RBL spam filtering and a light web interface. After the cPanel tutorial steps listed below we have described the main buttons in SquirrelMail and their functions.
- In your browsers window, type your domainname/webmail (e.g. yoursite.com/webmail).
- In the prompt window, enter your username and password (your username is your email address e.g. email@example.com)
- Choose SquirrelMail from the Web Mail Programs.
- Compose: Write an email message. There are several options available, such as using an address book, adding attachments and signature.
- Addresses: Stores email addresses of frequently used contacts.
- Folders: Organize your email messages into folders. You can create as many different folders as you want.
- Options: Many choices of themes, languages and other preferences to customize your usage and interface styles. All of these may be changed without adversely affecting any other user.
- Search: Allows you to search for a particular email message.
- Help: Please read this help if you have any questions or problems after reading this tutorial.