Database Table: jos_users
Pls request client to change password immediately after issuing default password.
Change the Password in the Database
If the admin user is still defined, the simplest option is to change the password in the database to a known value. This requires that you have access to the MySQL database using phpMyAdmin or another client.
- Navigate to phpMyAdmin and select the database for the Joomla! site in the left-hand drop-down list box. This will show the database tables on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the table "jos_users" in the list of tables (note: you may have a prefix that is not jos_, simply go to the _users table for your prefix).
- Click on the "Browse" button in the top toolbar. This will show all of the users that are set up for this site.
- Find the user whose password you want to change and press the Edit icon for this row.
- A form will display that allows you to edit the password field. Copy the value