Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Entourage
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Entourage to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Entourage 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Entourage. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Entourage by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Entourage
- Open Microsoft Entourage 2004.
- Select Tools > Accounts.
- Click "New."
- If the "Account Setup Assistant" window displays, click "Configure account manually."
- Select POP for the account type and click OK.
- On the Edit Account window, enter your information as follows:
- Account name
- Enter a name for your account, for example: My Mail, Work, or Home.
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Account ID
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- POP server
- Your incoming server is mail.coolexample.com, where "coolexample.com" is the name of your domain.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account.
- SMTP server
- Enter smtp.yourISP.com
Click "Click here for more advanced sending options."
NOTE: Please use your ISP Internet Provider SMTP for outgoing servers.
- Select "Override default SMTP port" and change the number to 80.
- Select "SMTP server requires authentication" and "Use same settings as receiving mail server ." Click OK.