NOTE: Pls enable IMAP/POP in Google Apps Email setting first before doing the below step, read here for more info
If IMAP is not enabled the below settings will not work
You and your users have these options for accessing Google Apps from a BlackBerry®:
BlackBerry® mail through IMAP. Use the BlackBerry's native mail application to access your Google Apps mail (requires using your BlackBerry carrier's Internet service).
- Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. Synchronize users' Google Apps mail, calendar, and contact data with your organization's existing Blackberry® Enterprise Server.
Setup up BlackBerry® mail via IMAP
This method is no longer officially supported but we're happy to provide setup instructions, anyway.
You can access your mail from the native BlackBerry® mail application by setting it up as an IMAP client for your Gmail account. Using IMAP is nice in that doing something on the BlackBerry, such as reading or deleting a message, is also reflected in your Gmail interface on the web (and vice versa).
What each user should do
- Make sure you've enabled IMAP in your Gmail account.
- On your BlackBerry®, navigate to your home screen.
- Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called Setup, Setup Wizard, Email Setup, BlackBerry® Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up).
- Follow the setup instructions provided on your device to create a new email account.
- Be sure to enter the following:
- Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: [your full Gmail address (email@example.com]
- Password: [your Google Apps password]
- IMAP Port: 993
- Allow the system to add your account, but do not enter your Google Apps password into the utility boxes (this causes the system to default to POP3 instead of IMAP).
- Select Next.
- Select Next again (bypassing the Additional Information Required section).
- Select your account type, and then select Next. You may encounter a "We were unable to configure..." error. If so, select I will provide the settings to continue.
- Select the option that mentions IMAP/POP.
- Select I will provide the settings..., and then select Next.
- Select Set up existing email account...
- Enter your Gmail account information here, with imap.gmail.com as your mail server.
- Select Next.
- Select Save.
When setup is successful, you receive a confirmation message, and a new mailbox icon (labeled with your Gmail address) appears on your BlackBerry®'s home screen.